The Cura Foundation “Stories of Hope” Contest
No Purchase or payment Necessary to Enter or Win. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Please do not enter if you are not able to travel to Rome, Italy April 26th– 28th, 2018
- CONTEST TIMING: Cura Foundation “Stories of Hope” Contest (the “Contest”) entry period begins on Monday, February 26, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Entry Period”). Each eligible entry will be judged based on predefined judging criteria as later described in these rules to determine the Grand Prize winner (pending verification). The Sponsor’s designated server will be the official timekeeper for this Contest.
- ACCEPTANCE OF RULES: Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. Each person who submits an entry in the Contest (“Entrant”), unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Cura Foundation, PO Box 5298, New York, NY 10185 (the “Sponsor” or “Judge”), and/or COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702 USA www.cfapromo.com (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Allison + Partners, The Stem for Life Foundation, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter on Facebook by following these steps:
- You must upload an essay (“Essay”) not to exceed 150 words in length or a video (“Video”) not to exceed 2 minutes in length answering the question “Has a cell therapy, gene therapy or immunotherapy changed your life?” (Eligible Entry”). Note: If you’re selected as a winning entry, your submitted Essay or Video must be verifiable
LIMIT: You may enter only one (1) time during the Entry Period.
All entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the requirements for the Essay or Video specified below or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified and removed form the Sponsor’s Facebook page. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Administrator and Sponsor, in its sole discretion and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Requirements for Essay or Video: Entries must not advertise or promote third parties’ goods or services, nor contain any material which violates or infringes any copyright, trademark, trade name, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or other personal and/or proprietary right of any person or entity. Entries must not use third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. Entrants may however use the The Cura Foundation trademark and/or #UniteToCure.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content which:
a) is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c) is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other video submission;
d) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, foundations or companies;
e) contains any personal identification, such as any e-mail addresses;
f) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
g) infringes the rights of any third party; and/or
h) violates any law.
Entrant’s Representations: By entering a essay or video you represent and warrant that the submission is original, that you own the submission or otherwise have the right to submit it and that such submission does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and the submission has not been previously published in any medium.
Entry Notes: Once an entry has been submitted, Entrant cannot access/revise entry in any way. Entries made on another’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by the Administrator and Sponsor, in their sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all Entrants release the Sponsor, Judges and Administrator and each of the Promotion Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost entries, or problems downloading or uploading of any Contest related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
If you opt to access the Contest via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
Use of Data. By participating in the Contest, Entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted the Official Rules. You are supplying information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
5. JUDGING: Each Finalist will be judged by a panel selected by the Sponsor at its sole discretion and the panel will judge all eligible entries based on the following equally weighted criteria:
- Adherance to theme
In the event of a tie, a third-party Judge selected by the Sponsor will judge the tied entries based on the above criteria to determine the Winner.
6. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about Thursday, March 22, 2018
7. PRIZE: Only the prize listed below will be awarded in this Contest.
One (1) Grand Prize: Trip for two (2) (winner and guest) to Rome, Italy to attend the 4th International Vatican Conference “Unite To Cure A Global Care Initiative” April 26th– 28th, 2018. Prize includes the following:
- Roundtrip (coach class) air transportation from a major US airport nearest the winner’s home address to Rome, Italy.
- Three (3) nights’ (double occupancy) hotel accommodations. Hotel to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- Ground transport to and from the airport and to and from the Conference.
- Winner and guest will receive a pass to the Conference.
Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, additional ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner and his/her guest. Unless the child of the winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination.
Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes and fees.
Trip winner and travel companion must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel by plane prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Winner must have a valid major credit card to check-in to a hotel.
Approximate retail value of this prize package not to exceed $4,999 USD.
All expenses and costs associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly stated in the package description provided herein are the sole responsibility of winner. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
Prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative reserves the right to deny portions of the prize package to Winner, with no further compensation, if Winner engages in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Conduct of the Contest is under the supervision of the Sponsor. Prize winner shall be required to verify name and complete address, validation of treatment as described in the Eligible Entry and to execute before a notary public and return within three (3) days an affidavit of eligibility/ W-9 taxpayer identification form and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity unless prohibited by law. Prize shall not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. Prize winner will be notified by Facebook private message, phone and/or by email or mail or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Administrator and Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, the potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use prize winner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and (collectively, the “Attributes“), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
Each Entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry and the Attributes, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest the Promotion Entities or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry and the Attributes in favor of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the entry, the use of the Attributes as permitted hereunder or the Contest. The Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right, in its/their sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or remove any Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove the Entry from the Contest.
By submitting an entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not impose any obligation upon Administrator or Sponsor. Administrator and Sponsor are free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone and are free to otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
11. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Sponsor, Administrator, Judges and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, Judges and the Promotion Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest and (vi) use of any prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the State of New York and Entrant hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waives any objection it might have based upon improper venue or inconvenient forum; and (2) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Cura Foundation Winner, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312. Winner’s list will be available after March 29, 2018. All such requests must be received by April 6, 2018.
© Cura Foundation All rights reserved.
The use of any prize manufacturer, personality name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.